- BOTOXÂ® Treatment for TMJ
- BOTOXÂ® Treatment for Teeth Grinding
- BOTOXÂ® Treatment to Improve Facial Appearance
- BOTOXÂ® Treatment for gummy Smiles
Do suffer from Bruxism (teeth grinding) or another TMJ condition?
BOTOXÂ® is a proven alternative to help you alleviate symptoms and provide instant relief.
Many patients see their dentist with complaints of jaw or facial pain. In many cases, this pain is caused byther bruxism (teeth grinding) or temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders, which are related conditions.
TMJ disorders refer to a collection of jaw problems that may be treated by a dentist. The jaw joint is a complex one, with a number of structures that facilitate vertical and lateral movements. Problems may develop in the numerous muscles, ligaments and nerves that help the joint perform correctly. A misaligned jaw can also lead to TMJ disorder.
Symptoms of TMJ disorder:
- Jaw pain or stiffness
- Clicking or popping noises during chewing
- Masseter muscle enlargement (squared face appearance)
BOTOXÂ® Treatment for TMJ
The BOTOXÂ® alternative treatment for TMJ disorders and jaw tension is usually quick and effective.
Who is a candidate for BOTOXÂ® Jaw Treatment?
BOTOXÂ® is a safe alternative treatment for most people who experience jaw tension or have a TMJ disorder. This treatment helps to alleviate pain from many joint and muscle spasms associated with TMJ.
What are the Benefits of BOTOXÂ® Treatment for Jaw Tension?
BOTOXÂ® injections often provide substantial relief while reducing the ability of facial muscles to engage in problemati, excessive grinding. BOTOXÂ® allows muscles to perform daily activities such as talking, chewing, and swallowing. In addition, the treatment can help safeguard dental health, since excessive grinding can result in worn teeth and damaged gums that may require costly treatment.
How long does the TMJ BOTOXÂ®treatment take?
The TMJ BOTOXÂ® treatment is a non-surgical procedure performed by Dr. Lindsey that takes just a few minutes.
How long do results last?
Most patients experience noticeable improvement within 1-2 days of their first treatment, although relief can take up to a week. Results last 3-4 months.
BOTOXÂ® Treatment for Teeth Grinding
Bruxism is a specific condition in which people grind or clench their teeth, often while sleeping (most do so involutarily). Grinding or clenching causes the muscle to grow stronger, resulting in headaches, earaches, or facial pain, which worsen with time.
What are the benefits of the BOTOXÂ® Bruxism Treatment?
BOTOXÂ® treatments have been shown to alleviate Bruxism. BOTOXÂ® Bruxisdm treatment works by relaxing the jaw muscle sufficiently to reduce grinding symptoms while maintaining normal jaw and teeth action.
How long does the BOTOXÂ® Bruxism treatment take?
BOTOXÂ® treatment of teeth grinding is painless and quick (5 minutes). Results from BOTOXÂ® treatment of bruxism start two to three days after injection and last for about 4 months. While bruxism can lead to TMJ problems, the category of TMJ disorders is much broader, issues with any component of the jaw joint may be classified with the TMJ disorders.
Symptoms of Bruxism:
- Severely worn teeth and/or chipped teeth
- Receded gums in the absence of gum disease
- Chewed inner surface of the cheek and/or damage to tongue
- Higher incidence of root canals, major dental work on back teeth
- Sore jaw muscles in the morning
- Headaches, Earaches and Toothaches
- Problems eating and grinding noises
- Facial pain
- A face that looks shortened between the nose and chin
What are the effects of Bruxism?
- Compression of the nerves and blood vessels in the back of the jaw joint, which can cause headaches, face, jaw and neck pain
- Displacement of the cartilage disc, indicating a dislocation of of the joint resulting in clicking, popping or grating noises upon opening and closing of the jaw.
- Further compromise of the airway, making obstructive sleep apnea even more possible. If you have tried to treat your TMJ disorder with mouth guards and other measures without any improvement, you should ask our office about the benefits of the TMJ BOTOXÂ® Treatment.
BOTOXÂ® Treatment to Improve Facial Appearance
Besides relief from jaw pain, tension and headaches, patients see a drmatic change in apperance after 2-3 sessions of BOTOXÂ® treatments. The square, heavy appearance of their lower face softens into a more narrow and esthetically pleasing one.
Dental Services - Uvalde Dentist Dental Services BOTOX
BOTOXÂ® Treatment for gummy Smiles
Gummy smile refers to the excessive display of gum tissue when smiling, often considered unattractive.
What causes a gummy smile?
- Overgrowth of the upper jaw
- Short upper lip
- Hyperactive upper lip: Most common in females
- Overgrowth of gum tissues
What are the benefits of the Gummy Smile BOTOXÂ® treamtent?
An injection of BOTOXÂ® above the upper lip reduces the lifting action of lip muscles, thus reducing the display of gum tissues. Treaments provide patients with a more aesthetis and beautiful smile.
How long do treatments last?
Treatments are painless and take 2-5 minutes. The results can last between 3 - 4 months.
Treatment for Black Triangles Between Teeth
Uvalde Dental Services BOTOX dental treatment.
Diminish the appearance of noticeable black triangles between your teeth with minimally invasive dermal filler treatment. This simple treatment can take care of both esthetic and funtional concerns.
What causes black triangles between teeth?
As we age, we often get recession of our gums which can lead to loss of the tissue between our teeth.
- Over flossing, loss resulting in damaged gums
- Post dental work such as veneers or implants
Who are good candidates for the black tirangle dermal filler treatment?
Good candidates include people who like their teeth but are concerned with small gaps between them. Dermal fillers can help fill in these gaps, leaving the shape of the tooth alone.
How long do treatments take and last?
Treatment takes approximately 5 - 10 minutes. Patients can expect the results to last 8 months or longer.